Thursday, March 19, 2009

Conservadems and the Rachel Maddow Show

So I was watching Rachel Maddow last night as my son and I were snuggling... and she describes a list of Democrats that want to promote "Fiscal Responsiblity" by cutting Obama's initiatives out of the budget. Mainly... healthcare and green investment.

Evan Bayh is leading this group and he went on Joe Scarborough's show to announce this was happening. The startling part is that there are 3-4 more cowards, I mean democrats... that are part of the group but want to remain anonymous.

I am going to post the list, but the one I was most disappointed in is Claire McCaskill... She spent the whole campaign season supporting Obama's platform on healthcare reform and green technology and now she's going back on that because she's in a Republican State. I have tweeted my concerns to her, and so far she's said that "She's been in the Senate for 2 years and has a moderate record and votes to reflect her campaign initiatives and her state." So it's very clear she's trying to cover her ass for the 2010 election.

I encourage you all to write to these guys and tell them you want them to represent the democratic principles, esp if you live in these states because that's all they seem to care about.

Jeanne Shaheen (NH)
Mark Warner (VA)
Michael Bennet (CO)
Kay Hagan (NC)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Herb Kohl (WI)
Mark Begich (AK)
Mark Udall (CO)
Evan Bayh (IN)
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Tom Carper (DE)
Blanche Lincoln (AR)
Joe Liberman (I)(CT) -This guy again!?!?!
Mary Landrieu (LA)

7 comments:

Cancer Mommy said...

I can't quite believe this is happening either. I'm disappointed it's more than a few Dems on that list. I follow Claire McCaskill on Twitter too, and have been surprised at her about-face on these issues.

When else are we going to have the chance to drastically change the way America deals with global warming and healthcare? We're so messed up right now, it's the perfect time to try and make things better. Once things are up and running again, no one will want to rock the boat.

I wish more people had the long-term focus that Obama seems to have. Oh well, we can't have it all I guess. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Sue Jacquette said...

Why don't these guys get it? They are trying to cut government spending when the government is the only entity big enough to solve this problem. It sucks, I know, but only the government can put money back into the system and the more the better. During the depression, everyone was on board with FDR, nobody second guessed him, he threw everything at the wall hoping some would stick and it worked. Why can't people do that with Obama?

Fantastic Forrest said...

This is why I live in Washington, next to Oregon, where the environment and progressive policies matter.

I think we should just secede from the union (YAY, ECOTOPIA!) and then these cowards won't matter.

Ha. As if.

You've given me my marching orders. I will contact friends in those states to kick the wimps.

Charlotte said...

Very dissapointing!!! Any more decisiveness is not needed. I am glad to see no Ca. politicians on there but it's still ridiculous.

love Rachel Maddow

mommapolitico said...

Okay, Jen, once again, you and I are scarily close on topic today. Jesus, we finally stay unified and on message as a party long enough to get in, and what happens? We fall apart before we can make the changes needed to get the country moving and on track! No wonder we get voted out so often...what are these so-called Dems thinking???
I have those turncoats' email links on my site if anyone needs to give them an earful.

Like you and CM, I was horrified by Clair Mc's part in all this, too. I really thought she was a stand-up gal. How do I write to someone via their Twitter feed? I've only been following and posting my own stuff thus far...I need to ask her some vry direct questions! Sue and FF, I'm with ya...why do we all get it, and they don't???

So much for party unity, eh, Kids? Way to let 'em have it and get the word out, Jen - great job!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

It's really amazing what us regular people can get accomplished if we work together. I love that I have all of you to work with! Our jobs don't end on election day.. we gotta keep these guys on their toes.

MP, too freaky.. just read your post and commented. To send a message to someone on twitter, you can send them a direct message. Doubt she'll write back though...