Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random Thoughts

Campaign fighting - If McCain can't get a grip of his campaign now, how in the world will he control the White House?

Early Voting - I guess I have been real lucky. I live in Upstate NY and rarely have to wait in line to vote. There was one year that I did, perhaps 2000. But I would gladly stand in line, because to be honest, I love to exercise my vote. It makes me feel so powerful. But in watching the news, there are people standing in the heat, rain, cold, sun for 4+ hours to vote. I just want to thank all of those people. You make me so proud that I get tears in my eyes when I see it.
.. and then for the life of me, I can't figure out why... if there are people waiting so long in line, year after year, why don't they open up more polls? It's crazy to me. The consipiracy theorist inside of myself thinks it's probably an attempt to disenfranchise voters.

Lastly... for the 1 millionth time. - Barack is NOT going to raise taxes on everyone. How many people honestly take home more than $250,000 a year. HOW MANY!?!?! In comparison to the ones that don't. Don't let McCain lie to you. And even if you make more than $250,000... all Barack proposes is that the tax rate will go back to what it was when Clinton was in office... and everyone did well then, right?

No comments: