Saturday, January 9, 2010

I am not senile.

Okay, I admit... for many of the Bush years, I tuned out. I was in denial so I just avoided the whole thing. But this much I do remember.... Sept 11 happened in 2001... and Bush was elected in 2000. The Anthrax, DC sniper, and Shoe Bomber incidents all happened AFTER Sept 11. I think it is quite comical how the Right thinks people are going to forget the timeline and that they will be able to rewrite it.

And all of this nonsense about it taking 3 days for the President to come out. I have enough confidence to know that just because the president isn't talking about it, doesn't mean he isn't doing anything. It's not like he just said "Screw it!" until the Sunday after Xmas. Honestly, I didn't think much of the fact that President Bush took 6 days to come out after the Shoe Bomber? (until know, just for the fact that it did take him longer than the 3 days Obama is being chastized for).

And MAYBE if the DAMNED Republicans didn't hold up the president's nominees, things would be in place. Funny, how it took the Swine flu to get Sebelius voted on, and there was no TSA director in place on Xmas....

Oh, BTW... Happy New Year all. My resolution is to resume posting as usual.. so we'll see, unfortunately we know how resolutions make out. hahah

2 comments:

mommapolitico said...

Great post, and glad to see you back - I miss your perspective! (Totally get how kids and the holidays will limit our blogtime, though, Girlfriend!):)

Yeah, it was pretty appalling that they all decided to have a collective memory lapse, and an abhorrent act of disrespect toward those who perished.

That we are now to the point that a considered response after waiting to get the results of an investigation is considered lax, that we are to the point that GOP hypocrisy is now the norm, not the exception is ridiculous.

They are truly living up to their title of Grand Obstructionist Party. Great post, Jen. We'll both try to keep the resolution! :)

Cancer Mommy said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Missed your posts.