I have decided that I'm not going to drown my sorrows over the election yesterday. It was out of my hands, I didn't get a vote, so I can't be too upset about it.
Instead, I'm thinking about the good things that come with the loss.
1. Joe Lieberman has NO power anymore.
2. The Dems won't take the fall for everything by "Well, they had 60 votes."
3. Maybe the Dems can just go for it. By being able to just use reconciliation, they can stop worrying about the unobtainable 60 votes.
4. The Repubs have to put up or shut up now. They just can't say no, can't use the excuse that they couldn't do anything to stop the 60 dems. They're going to have to actually dig in and do some work and compromising or else the American people are going to see them for who they are.
5. The Dems have a little slap of reality now, instead of waiting until November. They can learn from this, fix their mistakes, and get ready to run better campaigns in the fall.
Cheer up people! This isn't the end. It's just a new beginning.